Friday, April 11, 2008

Travel Log

My first few hours in Silicon Valley and already I have several stories!

After getting through check-in at the San Diego airport, I hopped in the ridiculously long security line that wound around the baggage claim. I'm standing there for maybe 5 minutes, and the line is moving pretty quickly, when this woman comes out of nowhere and walks up to a well-dress, middle-ages black couple a few ahead of me. This woman is also middle-aged, white, crazy hair, wearing a nasty tee and spandex shorts with a Sierra Club backpack. You get the picture. So obviously does not fit with the couple she joined. I can see her asking them something, I assume, is this the security line? So she just sort of stands next to them, doesn't walk back 30 feet to get in the back of the line. The two old guys behind the couple dodge her and walk around her as the line moves forward. Next thing I know, she's standing right in front of me and I can't get around her. I say, excuse me, but I think the back of the line is back there, and point waaaaay back while the girl behind me nods. The woman looks at me, and in the whiniest voice possible, says, well I was standing here and people just started walking from behind me. I've been in line. Um, I'm not stupid. I say, oh. What the hell am I supposed to say? No, you cut in line? So whatever, I just let her cut and don't make a big deal of it - and then have to stare at that nasty spandex-clad ass.

That's story number one. Time to go to event number one!

No comments: