Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Ghetto is Next Door

Jon and I walked to the movie theater the other night. That's right, we walked! We're trying to be greener. :) And it's only a block and a half . . .

The theater down the street is pretty ghetto. It is across the street from the completely ghetto Carlsbad mall. It's like what Arborland used to be. We bought our tickets, picked up some drinks and wandered into the "Wanted" theater. A couple was in the row in front of us and a single man was in front of them. The couple was joking and laughing through the previews. No big deal - who doesn't? And as the lights went down, the single guy turned around and yelled at the couple to stop talking, were they going to be making noise all the way through the movie too? And the man in the couple said they'd quiet down when the movie started. And single guy stood up and said, "Do you want to take this outside?" Whoa! Does that seem like an appropriate response? So couple guy said, in his whiny voice, "I said we'd be quiet." I was a little afraid I'd have to duck to miss some punches!

In other news, the movie was great. It's based on a graphic novel and a lot of the shots and filming techniques make you see the line drawn pages in front of your face. Violent, yes. Funny, yes. Interesting, yes. We enjoyed it!

No comments: