So I finished my first business trip for the season and have lots of stories racked up. And thoughts to share.
First, I am very unhappy with the redesign of InStyle magazine. I've been a subscriber for a few years now and always look forward to enjoying my style tips on the plane. Sadly, the new magazine is disorganized and a jumble of randomness. It now has a feature on famous people's jewels. They open up their jewelry boxes and talk about their favorite pieces. OK, Donatella's was vaguely interesting, but not her bragging tone. Kimora Lee's diamond Hello Kitty pendant? Come on . . . I think I finished looking at the mag in 45 minutes and left it on the plane. Definitely not renewing that one.
I went to a Chili's for dinner in a western suburb of Denver. As I was walking out, the first thing I noticed was the case of Michelob shoved under one of the benches outside the door. Then I saw a pretty trashy couple - overweight, hairy guy and belly shirt with flab hanging out on the lady - sitting on said bench smoking cigarettes. Next thing I saw were an abundance of kids running around the parking lot while the trashy couple occasionally yelled at them. I was nervous I was going to run over one of the kids when I was backing out, but I guess that wouldn't have been a tragedy. Um, trashy couple - Chili's also sells beer.
I hate people who can't wait their turn to leave the plane. It's pretty straightforward - we unload in order of seats. Yet again, as I was reaching up to get down my suitcase, a stream of people pushed past me so that I had no chance of getting down my suitcase and moving forward. The last woman to shove past me before I could get my bad down hit me pretty hard. I walked off the plane and headed for the escalator and the same woman stops short so I stumble, turns around and walks into me - again!
Speaking of plane oddities - why can't people lock the bathroom door? For about the 3rd time in 2 months, I opened the door on someone in the plane lavatory. What kills me is that the flight attendant always yells at me! There's a reason there's a lock on the door - it makes the door say "occupied" and lights up the occupied sign on the ceiling. If it isn't locked, why would I assume there's a person in there? The best flight attendant response was, "You know, you could knock." Right . . .
Anyway, it's nice to be home. Around for about 9 days before jetting off yet again. Time to get to the grocery story since I have no food!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment