It is so nice to finally be back at home after 12 days on the road. I picked up Chip at the vet on my way back from the airport. Here's a funny story. Chip had 3 pals - a small green bird about her size and 2 giant parrots. Turns out the parrots belong to Chip's vet. Good to know he boards his birds when he's out of town! Anyway, the green bird was incredibly noisy, singing all day long. And one of the parrots would constantly tell it to, "Shut up!" Chip stayed relatively quiet and just walked back and forth, back and forth.
So anyway, we come home, collapse, and immediately fall asleep. I woke up at an hour to pee then fell back onto the couch and was out again for another hour. I finally dragged myself up and decided I should get my suitcase out of the car. So I started searching for my keys - not in my purse, not on the counter, not on the table . . . what the heck? I finally listened to the nagging in the back of my head and opened the door. Sure enough, the keys were right where I had left them, in the lock. Good job, Lisa.
I saw Walrus man again today! Sorry Rachel, I was driving back from the gym (yes, you may laugh) and I didn't have my camera on me. Hopefully you'll see him next month.
I have been totally and utterly useless for the last two days. I suppose I should finally suck it up and get back into the swing of things, like working. It's tough, those 15 successive days of working and back-to-back meetings with all new people. At least I've gotten to the gym! And almost caught up on my DVRed TV.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment