Saturday, September 20, 2008

New Baubbles?


A couple more funny things.

I think I almost have every wedding present transported from Ann Arbor to Cali. There's at least one bowl still in the closet. After my last trip, my dad nicely packed up three bowls at their house and mailed them to me. This huge box arrived with everything in tip-top shape. And as I was unwrapping the three bowls and putting them away, I noticed a little jewelry box in the peanuts. I thought, well huh. What did my mom send me now? And I opened the little velvet box to find . . . nothing. Yeah, empty. WTF? Somehow they managed to toss an empty jewelry box into the peanuts and mailed it to me. I can only laugh.

One of my favorite stops on Armitage in Chicago is Lush. The world's best all-natural bath product store. I always stock up on solid moisturizers while I'm there. Perfect for finishing up a shower and skipping the annoying step of lotioning up. So I stop in after a meeting and am the only person in the store, meaning lots of personal attention. The very enthusiastic girl following me around tells me about their new war on liquid soap. Apparently liquid soap can suck bacteria in through it's little pump and then it just festers in there. Solid bars of soap are much cleaner and they dry, so bacteria can't hang out on them very well. Hmm . . . After making me smell every bar they have, and offering to let me try a few at the sink, I was sold. I bought a minty mound. But then I started thinking. So if soap can suck up bacteria, can't shampoo do the same thing? But by definition, soap should be clean. So do liquid soaps really grow bacteria, or are they unable to ? Hmm . . . Oh well, I'm giving it a shot!

No comments: