Wow! I did a remarkably good job on that last post. I was pretty tipsy when I wrote it. I did go through just now and make a few changes, but I'm impressed with myself!
Today was a little odd. I spent a significant amount of time cleaning. Mom and Sis are coming out at the end of the week and this place was a wreck! I was horrified by the amount of dust on my nightstand. That is so not like me! So I took a short afternoon nap that was interrupted by a call from my mom. I'm not sure I said a thing that was intelligible. After getting my brain back up and running, I ran a few errands. I had to drop a book off at the library, which was closed for Columbus Day. No big deal, I pulled up to the curbside drop box, bit it was PACKED. Not a thing more would fit in that box. So I parked illegally (there was no one else there) and walked over to the box at the door. STUFFED! I headed toward drop box #3, where another woman was trying to put some things in, but I could see from 20 feet away that it was full too. I called out to her asking if I was right and she said yes, were the others filled? I said, yeah. I guess I'll be back tomorrow! And she said, I don't live near here! And then she said, do you live near here? I said yes. And she walked over with her 4 items and said, would you mind bringing these back tomorrow? I don't live here. I checked them out for my mom who was in the hospital and she died. I can't get back here easily. OMG, my heart broke for her! So now I have 5 things to return tomorrow!
I'm pretty bad when it comes to current events. And there are whole days when I don't leave my apartment. After my nap, I flipped on the TV to see Breaking News Story! that involved a lot of smoke and some planes and the word Oceanside at the bottom. Oceanside is the next town north, where Camp Pendleton was. Once I was awake enough to catch on, I realized that there is a huge wildfire at the back gate of Pendleton, about 5 miles north of us. The planes were fighting the fire. A few base housing areas and one right outside the back gate had been evacuated. So when I left to run errands around 5:30p, I thought, eh, it's nothing. Perfect blue cloudless sky. And then I turned the corner. Smoke pouring off base and covering the sky to the north. It's weird when the fires are burning because the sky turns a little orange. Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't get as bad as last year!
Over the weekend, I had agreed via Facebook to go to the ridiculously hard class at the gym with my gym buddy Carrie. And then we were to do dinner afterward to catch up. So I toss my clothes on and run back out the door for class. And wouldn't you know it? Carrie wasn't there! I picked a spot behind a girl I hadn't seen before in the class. She had a lot a lot of belly flab. And her pants were stuck in her crack, letting me know she was wearing a thong. Well, I didn't have to wait long for confirmation. As soon as those first 5 and half minutes of squats started, I got view, after view, after view of half her butt and her navy thong. OMG, girl. I want to kill Carrie! I had no one to point it out to and laugh with! And that class is freaking hard! My pecs were literally twitching at the end. Of their own accord. I have never experienced pec twitches before and it's weird.
So after hobbling out of class, I drove 100 feet to That Pizza Place literally in the same strip mall as the gym. As I was limping into the restaurant to buy a salad, I passed two guys standing outside the doors. I didn't see their faces, but one had a long blonde ponytail and I swear he was sobbing. The other guy had his hand on pony guy's back. They were gone when I left a few minutes later. Huh.
OK, I need to moisturize my feet, take some heavy duty painkillers and crawl into bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment