That's right, folks. Tonight, I went dumpster diving.
I was headed to the gym tonight and grabbed the garbage on my way out. Since the gym is, literally, only a block away, I left my purse at home. I grabbed my water bottle, my keys and the garbage and headed out. As I passed the car, I set my water bottle on the roof and walked over to the dumpster. I lifted the lid and tossed the bag in . . . and my keys. Yup. The bag ties got caught around my many keys and tugged them right out of my hand and into the pitch black dumpster.
I stood there dumbly for a few seconds. It was pitch black out there. My first thought was, "Go upstairs and get a flash light." Oh, but wait, my door is locked and my keys are in the dumpster. So I tossed the lid all the way up, jumped up and hung over the side at my waist. After groping around a bit, I caught up my bag and thank the Lord my keys were still tangled in the ties.
I hopped down, dusted myself off and walked out of the dumpster shack like nothing had happened.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YUCK!! ( i just lost my keys and had to replace all of them-- not fun!)
haha, oh so brave!!!
one time we got locked out of the harma room and I put one leg through this tiny hole of a window while the other leg was precariously balanced on the tip of a garbage can and pushed the handle down so we could get in.
I felt so street smart that day.
didn't you have this amazing feeling of accomplishement, like- "yeah, i can get keys out of a dumpster if I have to?"
Post a Comment